Natural Gas Heating System – Why An Annual Tune Up Is Important.
If you use natural gas to heat your home, your furnace is one of the most vital pieces of equipment. That’s why it pays to keep it in peak condition. One of the best ways to do that is to schedule an annual tune up.
Here are a few important reasons why:
- It helps prevent many sudden, unexpected breakdowns by taking care of any potential issues before they become expensive ones to repair.
- By not keeping your furnace in peak condition, it could potentially void any manufacturer’s warranty that you might have.
It pays to be smart! Typically, the cost of annual tune-up is well worth it compared to the cost of any potential larger repair work or, even worse, replacing your furnace!
Natural Gas Furnace Tune Up Checklist
If you’re thinking about scheduling a tune up for your natural gas heating system, always do your homework first. Call or go online and visit websites of local heating companies to find out what comprises their tune up using the checklist below. During any tune up, a technician should always perform these tasks:
- Check out the furnace’s vent system, clear blockages and/or seal leaks.
- Check and ensure that combustion gases meet manufacturer specs to ensure it runs at peak efficiency – normally at least 85% or above.
- Check the blower door and make sure it has a tight seal, to prevent leaks.
- Check that fresh air louvers have no blockages and are clear for your system to run properly.
- Examine the heat exchanger for signs of rust or corrosion to help prevent leakage of dangerous carbon monoxide fumes and heat your home safely.
- Check burners for efficient ignition and sufficient burner flame.
- Check the furnace’s blower wheel and, if required, clean it.
- Examine all wires and filters for any damage. Filters should be changed more frequently than once a year during an annual tune up.
Want even more peace of mind?
We also have a range of natural gas service plans for you to choose from, so you can enjoy total peace of mind all winter.
Please give us a call today to schedule your tune up and learn more about our service plans.